Monday, October 3, 2011

Master (so-mAjor) makeover

After living in our little abode for 3 years this month, and after many-a-project, hubs and I are FINALLY making over our master bedroom. We have literally been living in a four white wall box with old school dark "matchy-matchy" furniture. Yikes! What's the hold up you say? First, deciding on a gray paint after at least 20 test swatches - okay maybe that's an exaggeration or maybe not (I will never tell!) and...convincing the hubs that gray is okay in a bedroom and it won't be too dark and gloomy. Luckily we have vaulted ceilings and a lot of natural light. We painted this weekend and I am in absolute love!!! It is exactly what I pictured in my mind. Don't you just love it when that happens? Since we are on a roll here, I am moving on to accessories but I need your help! Below is one of my inspiration rooms. We might even do white lacquer furniture. Important note: We have two dogs that just can't seem to keep a white comforter clean (believe me, we've tried a few). What colors would you do on the bed?


Forever grateful...
Xo,

2 comments:

  1. my suggestions:
    It's white but it's has a pattern so it might not show dirt?

    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=346857&CategoryID=15276#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D65

    or go with something gray like the paint color if you are thinking of doing light furniture so it's not so much dark and keep the sheets and stuff white underneath so it's not too dark:

    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=571707&CategoryID=15276#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D65

    or something white with a darker pattern that may not show dirt:

    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=517079&CategoryID=15276#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D65

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristin! I love them all! What a great way to get started.

    Xo, Jolynn

    ReplyDelete

Style is to be shared. Thank you for your feedback!